Wednesday, January 28, 2015

SHOCKED As Hell

Today is January 27, and back in November I went to see the AME for my medical evaluation. He was quite thorough, and advised me that due to various emergency room visits over the past two years for blood pressure and heart palpitations, I should expect delays and probably stress tests for the FAA to review before issuing my certificate.

Yesterday, I got that dreaded letter from the FAA and sat down to read it.

I must say that I was very surprised to see that not only was I issued my medical certificate, the FAA waived a special issuance for two additional medical conditions which are quite minor.

Unfortunately, today the outside temperature is around 16° even though it is quite sunny outside, but after receiving this medical certificate I wanted to run out to the airport and take a quick flying lesson to get back up to speed.

So, as it stands right now, I am back in business and can immediately start flying and expect to finish my pilot's license fairly quickly, depending on the weather.

I guess I should start up ground school, huh?

No comments: